QUESTING the WEB: Web Quests as Essential Questions
A web quest is an inquiry based activity that is usually completed by a group or class. Each individual has a role that is assigned to them, as they explore dimensions of an Essential Question or problem, through as many quality web sites as they can find.
A good place to begin is Why Web Quests, which puts the Web Quest group inquiry strategy into a context of understanding some advantages and misconceptions about the Web.
Another good context-setting page on Web Quests is Student WebQuest.
Other highly useful sites, containing numerous examples:
- Especially check out *1*Think Quest projects for your subject area!
- How To Create Web Pages -- Do a web quest as a series of linked web pages. Or
- Use TEACHER WEB to construct a Web Quest!
- Best Web Quests.Com -- All subjects and levels
- WebQuest Training Materials -- Outstanding collection of articles and exemplary Web Quests to get started or kick your Quests up a notch
- WebQuest Resources
- ThinkQuest -- ThinkQuest and ThinkQuest Jr. are nationwide student team competitions to produce creative, web-based curriculum units, based on essential questions.
- Web Quests -- Shows a good range of topics of classroom produced Web Quests.
- Matrix of Examples of Web Quests -- Has examples of Web Quests done by all age groups.
- WebQuests -- Explanation & Examples
- Thirteen Ed Online Concept to Classroom: WebQuests
- WebQuests and Problem-Based Learning
- Middle grades Reading and English Language Arts teachers will profit from Literary Web Quests.
- Web Quests - One school district's superb range of quests.
- Student Web Projects - An array of WebQuest, Problem-Based Learning and Web Project sites
- Technology in Education -- Extremely useful "larger picture" links
- 180 Ideas and Resources for Teachers: Integrating Technology into Planning and Curriculum -- This collection of activities takes some of the mystery out of technology.
- Using Technology to Enhance Engaged Learning for At-Risk Students
- A Rubric for Evaluating WebQuests - Shows why some Web Quests are superior.
- Essential Questions in Teaching and Learning -- Using higher mental and emotional levels to overcome the trivialization of learning by "high stakes" testing.
- Web Quest Projects - Awesome array!
- MicroSociety School -- Reality based, especially good for math learning, where SCORES rise!
The TEACHER DEVELOPMENT NETWORK
We are available for consulting and other services.
All courses and web pages Copyright © 2008