DEMOCRACY & LEARNING
In the current school/political climate, who speaks for Democracy? The corporations, state and federal government--all have loud and clear voices. Teachers sensing the risks to democracy can be lifted by resources at these sites.
Democracy In Classrooms
- Empowering Students: Essential Schools' Missing Link
- Civics Education: An Annotated Bibliography
- Democratic Learning: References and Further Reading
- Holistic Education: Principles, Perspectives and Practices
- Knowing and Empowerment
- The American Promise [PBS series]
Democracy In Schools
- Creating Learning Communities
- Democratic Learning and Schooling Rationale
- Key Issures
- Transforming Learning Communities
- Revolutionizing America's Schools: Democracy, Powerful Learning and the Professional Imperative
- League Of Professional Schools
- New Technology and Critical Pedagogy
- Participation in the Information Age
- Book review of: Freire, Paulo (1993). Pedagogy of the City.
- Are Schools Intentionally Dumbed Down?
- Society Scripts for Educational Reform
- The "End of Work" As We Know It
- Education by Design
The TEACHER DEVELOPMENT NETWORK
We are available for consulting and other services.
All courses and web pages Copyright © 2006