The goal of Vienna Communications Charter School’s discipline policy is to encourage students to choose responsible behavior and in doing so, to raise their self-esteem and increase their academic success. We believe that all members of the Vienna Communications Charter School community (faculty, students, and families) have the right to teach and learn in an environment that is safe and free from disruptive behavior.
Our discipline policy will reflect the following rights:
- The right to firm, fair, and consistent limits.
- The right to consistent, positive encouragement and motivation.
- The right to know what behavior to choose for success in various settings.
- The right to a teacher who cares enough to take the time to teach students how to manage their own behavior.
Therefore, Vienna Communications Charter School’s rules will be:
- Established in partnership with students.
- Clear about what behaviors are expected.
- Limited in number.
- Applicable throughout the school day.
- Supported with positive recognition and reinforcement.
Click here to:
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE: