After much "browsing" of the web, I have come up with a list of sites for a typical fifth grade classroom. I hope that you find all of these sites useful.
Michelle's Worthwhile Links
- A Little Comic Relief
- Remember that teachers need to maintain a sense of humor!!
- Helping Your Students With Homework
- 18 tips to help you help your students with homework. This comprehensive list makes homework more meaningful and easier to manage for students and teachers.
- Mystery Pen Pal
- This creative writing activity gives students a chance to write to students in other parts of the country. It provides a great opportunity to work on writing skills as well as geography.
- Poetry Pals
- Students will create poetry which will be published on a webpage. They will also read and respond to poetry written by students all over the world.
- AskERIC lesson plans
- A gateway to lesson plans in all subject areas.
- Virtual Polyhedra
- Students will have a virtual reality presentation of geometry and polygons. A great introduction and a way to get kids excited about geometry.
- Flashcards for Kids
- A real working flash card application on the net.
- What doesn't this site offer? You'll find lesson plans, management suggestions, book reviews, etc.
- K.L. Carver School Book Reviews
- Students use this site to read and submit book reviews.
- ZOOM Science Instructions
- Hands on science lessons
- Partnerships Advancing the Learning of Mathematics and Science
- Discovery Channel Online
- This site provides information on a variety of animals.
- Houghton Mifflin's Education Place
- A useful site for curriculum ideas, parent tips, homework help, etc.
This page has been visited times.