"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn."
- John Cotton Dana
Motivating Teens, Teachers, and Parents
- Teens and School Success -- New Report Focuses on How to Promote Teens' Academic Success
- Motivating the Underachiever
- Motivation Matters
- Is it Possible to Motivate Your Teen?
- Tips on Motivating Teenagers to do Better in School
- Some Ideas for Motivating Students
- Student Motivation to Learn
- Motivating teens who do not want to learn
- How do you motivate a teenager?
- Motivating Your Teen to Do Better In School
- Ways Busy Parents Can Help Teens Succeed in High School
- How Do You Motivate a Teen?
- Motivating Reluctant Teens to Read
- 3-Minute Motivators -- More Than 100 Simple Ways to Reach, Teach, and Achieve...
- Mission Statement Builder for Teens
- Article Library of Franklin Covey -- Many articles helpful to teens and their parents and teachers
- Guide to School-Based Effective Programs for Children and Youth -- Great links!
- Counseling High School Teens
- Google Search on Motivating Teens + School -- About 835,000 sites
- Motivating Teachers: A Wire Side Chat with Todd Whitaker
- Motivating Teachers for Excellence. ERIC Clearinghouse on Educational Management -- Recent studies have shown fairly conclusively that teachers are motivated more by intrinsic than by extrinsic rewards. Pastor and Erlandson (1982) conducted a survey which found that teachers perceive their needs and measure their job satisfaction by factors such as participation in decision-making, use of valued skills, freedom and independence, challenge, expression of creativity, and opportunity for learning. They concluded that high internal motivation, work satisfaction, and high-quality performance depend on three "critical psychological states": experienced meaningfulness, responsibility for outcomes, and knowledge of results.
- Hard Work and High Expectations: Motivating Students to Learn
- Motivating Teachers to Improve Instruction -- "A motivated teacher, as described here, is one who not only feels satisfied with his or her job, but also is empowered to strive for excellence and growth in instructional practice."
- Motivating Teachers and Students Through a Placed-Based Experience
- Teacher/Staff Motivation -- Great links!
- Motivating Students And Teachers In An Era Of Standards
Building Trusting Relationships for School Improvement: Implications for Principals and Teachers
- QuickTips—Motivating Parents (High School)
- Worried Parents Seek Safe Activities for Teen-Agers
- Motivating Parent Accountability
- Parent Involvement in Student Career Planning
- Moving beyond bake sales
The Family and Essential Schools: Mobilizing Democracy Toward Equity
- Parent and Family Engagement
- Who Motivates the Motivator?
- Motivation Matters: A Workbook for School Change
- The Ethical Dimensions of School Leadership
- Leadership Practices of Successful Principals
- Leadership Development Planning -- A richly valuable site
- Index of Topics in the Free Management Library -- Many links!
Mobilizing for Education Reform
- Seven Habits Condensed Summaries -- Don't have time to read Steven Covey's book, Seven Habits of Highly Effective People? Take a look at summary articles written by Michael Gray.
The TEACHER DEVELOPMENT NETWORK
We are available for consulting and other services.
All courses and web pages Copyright © 2008