RESOURCES for UNIVERSITY & COLLEGE TEACHING CENTERS
One of the most powerful innovations in Higher Education during the past 50 years has been the rise of resource centers to support the continuing life-long professional challenge to achieve excellence in college teaching. This is a hero's quest that, though seldom sufficiently recognized, goes to the heart of many professors' day-to-day working lives. It also addresses directly a primary cause of professors' lacking the same professional status of doctors and lawyers. To the heroes and heroines who staff and work with these centers, this page is respectfully dedicated.
- BEST PRACTICES in COLLEGE TEACHING -- Currently the best available summary of research and experience based "best practices" for college professors
- TEACHING & LEARNING CENTERS, State by State -- Survey and compare, adapt and build upon what other centers do and the resources they use!!
- ASSESSMENT TECHNIQUES -- From Testing Methods to Portfolios and Rubrics, with links specific to subject matter
- TEACHING STRATEGIES for ALL SUBJECTS -- Collaboration, Writing Across the Curriculum, Lecture, Groups, The British National Curriculum with Strategies for each subject
- INQUIRY-BASED LEARNING -- Matching instruction to the method of the discipline
- SELECTED RESOURCES on TEACHING & lEARNING -- Starting points, references which faculty have found useful or stimulating from a number of teaching and learning centers across the country
- FUNDING SOURCES for TEACHING & LEARNING CENTERS -- Excellent sources for overall center funds
- MORE FUNDING SOURCES -- More specific targets for grants, including English language learners
I am available for consulting and other services.
Copyright © 2002-2005